Overview of Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang (CMHT)
Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang (CMHT) is a pioneering health assurance scheme initiated by the Government ofManipur. The Scheme will provide Cashless treatment to the poor at the Empanelled Network of Hospitals and cover up to Rs. 2 lacs per eligible family every year identified from the Socio Economic Caste Census (SECC).
Objectives of CMHT
The Scheme will cover Primary and Secondary care and treatment of the following 7 (seven) critical ailments only on Hospitalization at empaneled network Hospitals:
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Kidney Diseases
- Neurological Conditions
- Liver ailments
Under the Scheme, treatment willbe available at District Hospitals | CHC | and other selected empanelled hospitals.
Eligible Beneficiaries under the Scheme
- The Scheme is for the poor and needy as identified in SECC data.
- Widows, Disabled and AAY cards holder will also be eligible for the scheme.
Enrolment and Issuance of Card
- Eligible families will be intimated through the Asha worker to get enrolled into the scheme, one or two days before the enrolment commences.
- Each eligible beneficiary family will receive a CMHT – Manipur Health card with a unique family identification number.
- Upto 5 members of the family will be printed on the card. If there are more than 5 members, then additional members count will be written next to 5th name (veg. 2 more, 1 more, 3 more and soon)
- Fee of Rs. 50 will be charged per family to meet the cost of the card. Nofeeswill be takenfrom AAY, Disabled people and Widows.
Mandatory Documents required for Enrolment
- ID Proof: Original EPIC (Voter ID) card / PAN card / Driving License / Ration Card / Passport / Government ID card / ID card issued by recognized educational institute/ Aadhaar Number. Any one of theseis acceptable asID proof.
- Eligibility Proof: SECC based Eligibility / AAY card / Disability certificate / certificate from Deputy Commissioner regarding economic status (In case the family is not listed in SECC database) / Any other documents approved by Government of Manipur. Any one of the above is acceptable as eligibility proof.
- Aadhar Number: To enroll in the scheme, Aadhaar number is essential and the copy of aadhar card to be shared along with the consent. At least, head of the family or minimum one member of family must provide Aadhaar credentials for enrolling the family. If the beneficiary is not having Aadhaar card and they still want to get enrolled in the scheme, they have to get enrolled into Aadhaar and provide the Aadhaar application number and consent form.
- Optional Documents: Any document which is notified as acceptable and issued through Govemment of Manipur.
Benefits under the Scheme
- By showing CMHT-Manipur Health card, a beneficiary can get cashless treatment without making any payment to the empanelled hospitals upto a limit of Rs 50,000 for general ailment, Rs 2 lacs for seven critical ailments per year per enrolled family on floater basis. Total entitlement of a family will be Rs 2 lacs per year on floater basis. The benefit will be applicable on hospitalization procedures only. This capped benefit of Rs 2 lacs will include the capped travel and daily allowance.
- Maximum cover per family is of Rs 2 lacs out of which Rs 50,000 will be applicable for Primary and Secondary care. In case of the specified seven (7) critical ailments, total benefit will be admissible up to the ceiling amount of Rs 2 Lacs per year per family including transport and daily allowances.
- Provision for transport allowance of Rs. 300/- per hospital visit, subject to an annual ceiling of Rs.3000/- shall be a part of the total coverage of Rs 2 lacs per family for treatment within the State.
- The Scheme has provision for payment of Air / Train fare to the Beneficiary plus one Attendant for treatment outside the state. This amount will be capped at Rs 30,000 per annum and will come within the annual limit of Rs 2lacs.
- For treatment outside the state, a daily allowance of Rs. 1000 per day will be provided for the period of hospitalization subject to a limit of Rs.10,000.This will also be within the annual limit of Rs 2 lacs.
All CHCs | Sub District Hospitals | District Hospitals | RIMS | JNIMS and other empaneled Hospitals are in the Network of CMHT Manipur Scheme. The beneficiary will be offered the option to choose hospitals within the State in the first instance, provided there is availability of capacity and the treatment procedure.
For treatment outside the State, beneficiary needs to undergo a Referral process. For treatment in hospitals outside the State, a referral needs to be generated from an approved referral authority at Health Directorate. Detailed guidelines on this will be notified by the SNC in due course. This would allow the ISA to coordinate the travel and treatment arrangements of the beneficiary outside the State. There will be a procedural exception/exemption rule in case of emergencies which will be notified by the SNC.
“Health Coordinator” appointed by the ISA at the empaneled Hospitals, within the State, will guide the beneficiary in the empaneled hospitals, from enrolment to admission todischarge, including ensuring payments of the allowances to the beneficiaries as per policies.
All BPL Families
Reimbursement of Financial incurred