MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION OF DISTRICT e-GOVERNANCE SOCIETY
Name of the Society:
The name of the Society shall be DISTRICT e-GOVERNANCE SOCIETY CHURACHANDPUR
The Registered Office of the Society shall be at Churachandpur district head quarter
Area of operation:
The area of operation of the Society shall be the whole of district of Churachandpur
The objectives of the Society:
- To provide close tie-ups with Manipur State Information Technology Society (MSITS) and all the stakeholders in implementing the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) of India for Common Service Centre (CSC), State Wide Area Network (SWAN), State Data Centre (SDC), State Services Delivery Gate (SSDG) and any other National e-Governance Programmes in the District.
- To build capacity of the staff and executive resources of the district administration. DeGS and MSITS would also work closely with the technical solution provider for developing and customizing the software, implement the technical solution.
- To support the Common Services Centres (CSCs), throughout the District for providing G2C services. It would identify and recommend the Citizen Services which can be provided in consultation and co-ordination with the concerned departments on the priority and assist Service Centre Agencies (SCA) such as M/S Zoom Developer and UNITRANS in roll out of G2C services in CSCs.
- To provide the G2C services to the citizen, Government of Manipur has implemented the State Wide Area Network (SWAN), State Data Centre (SDC), Common Services Center (CSC) and State Portal/State Services Delivery Gateway (SP/SSDG) under National e-Governance Plan. The scheme has been formulated on the premise that
- Districts are the primary unit for delivery of bulk of the citizen services
- Quality and content of Government Service Delivery can significantly improve with an integrated approach to service delivery.
- Capacity building of the district administrative functions and processes will enhance efficiency and accountability in service delivery.
- The services which would be delivered would have automated work flow and would perforce involve significant process redesign.
- A Central data repository would be created at the district level, wherein data and information would be collected, stored, retrieved, used and exchanged in an efficient manner at all levels.
- Enabling backend computerization for delivery of G2C services will ensure optimal leveraging and utilization of the core and support infrastructure such as Common Service Centers, State Data Centre, State Wide Area Network and Service Delivery gateway at the SDCs.
- To manage, supervise and implement backend computerization of Government Departments with long term vision of Government. Co-ordinate, manage & monitor the receipt & utilization of financial support received from the State Government/Government of India.
- To collect user charges as fixed by the State Government and keep audited accounts of the same.
- To take all publicity measures and campaigning through media like TV, radio, news-paper, conferences, seminars, public meetings, banners and posters etc for creating awareness about transformation through e-Governance for the benefit of the rural masses.
The names of the first members of the Governing Body of the Society as required under section 5(d)of the Manipur Societies Registration Act,1989(Manipur Act No. 1 of 1990) are as follows :
|Sl. No.||List of Members||Position|
|1.||Deputy Commissioner, Churachandpur||Chairman|
|2.||DIO, NIC Churachandpur||Convener|
|3.||Zonal Education Officer, Churachandpur||Member|
|4.||Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Churachandpur||Member|
|5.||District Supply Offcer/Asstt. Director (CAF& PD) CCpur||Member|
|6.||All SDOs/BDOs Churachandpur District||Member|
|7.||SDE, BSNL Churachandpur||Member|
|8.||Supdt. Of Police, Churachandpur||Member|
|9.||CEO, District Council Churachandpur||Member|
|10.||District Information Officer, Churachandpur||Member|
To support DeGS and CSC 2.0 Scheme implementation, the following staffs are assigned:
- Peter G Bieklien, District Manager
- Michael Paul Haokip, District Manager