The District Social Welfare Office, Churachandpur is implementing various programme /schemes for the welfare of Aged persons, Disable persons, Widows etc. in the district.
NAME OF THE SCHEMES IMPLEMENTED ARE AS FOLLOWS
Chief Ministergi Shotharabasingi Tengbang(CMST)
- Care Giver Allowance/Maintenance Grant to Persons with Disabilities with High Support Needs.
- Scholarship to students with Disabilities.
- Self Employment Loan with subsidy to the persons with Disabilities along with skill training.
- Free Travel & concession to Persons with Disabilities.
- Maintenance Grant for homeless Older Persons.
CARE GIVER ALLOWANCE/ MAINTENANCE GRANT TO PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES WITH HIGH SUPPORT NEEDS
- The applicant should have Disability Certificate issued by competent Medical Board.
- Locomotor Disability (LD)/Chronic Neurological Disorder /Blood Disorder – degree of Disability 80% and above.
- Visual Impairment – 100% degree of Disability in the age group of 19 to 59 years.
- Mental Retardation – 40% and above degree of Disability.
RATE OF ALLOWANCE IS RS. 1500/- PER MONTH.
SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
RATE OF SCHIOLARSHIP
|SL NO||CLASS||RATE PER ANNUM|
|1||Class I to Class V||Rs. 3000|
|2||Class VI to Class VIII||Rs.4000|
|3||Class IX to Class XII||Rs.6000|
|4||Graduate & above including Technical Course||Rs. 8000|
SELF EMPLOYMENT LOAN WITH SUBSIDY TO THE PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ALONG WITH SKILL TRAINING .
The Scheme is applicable to persons with Disabilities in the age group of 19 to 59 years.
Loan will be provided for individuals, parent organizations and Disable people organization.
FREE TRAVEL & CONCESSION TO PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
The applicant shall be given card for availing free travel of concession run by Public Transport System.
MAINTENANCE GRANT FOR HOMELESS OLDER PERSONS.
The scheme will cover all persons in the age group of 60 years and above and who are sheltered in the old age homes recognized by the Department.
The rate of assistance will be 1000/- per month
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING
Forms are available at the following Offices.
- Directorate of Social Welfare, Imphal
- Office of the Deputy Commissioner , Churachandpur
- Office of the SDO s Churachandpur District
- Office of the DSWO.DPO,CDPO(ICDS),Churachandpur
- Can be downloaded from website social welfare.nic.in
30 Disable Persons have been received Care Giver Allowance of Rs. 1500/- per month so far under CMST
NATIONAL SOCIAL ASSISTANT PROGRAMME(NSAP)
- Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme(IGNOAPS)-No of beneficiaries 5987
- Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme(IGNWPS)-No. of beneficiaries 457
- Indira Gandhi National Disable Pension Scheme(IGNDPS)-No. of beneficiaries 119
- National Family Benefit Scheme(NFBS)-No. of beneficiaries 49
- MANIPUR OLD AGE PENSIN SCHEME (MOAPS)-No. of beneficiaries 3447
Programme organized by District Social Welfare Office, Churachandpur during the year.
- Assessment camp for disabilities held on 27th November 2017
- International Day of Older Persons on 1st October 2017
- Universal Children’s Day on 14th November 2017
- Swachh Bharat Diwas held on 2nd October 2017